More about myself

Subject: Self-introduction letter

Dear Professor Brad and fellow classmates,


My name is Zi Yan. I’m a student from our Critical Thinking and Communication class S14. Below is some content about myself. 


I graduated from Ngee Ann Polytechnic with a diploma in environmental and water technology. Now, you may ask about my reasons for switching course to mechanical engineering. It all started when I developed an interest in cars. I am fascinated about the car culture in Singapore and especially about the modified car scene in general. I wanted to discover the limits of a car. Curiosity led me to take the big leap forward to change my course in university. By taking up mechanical engineering, I hope to gain sufficient knowledge and skills to pursue my goals of having my own car workshop where I can indulge myself with the modification of cars.


One communication strength of mine will be the ability to put thoughts into words. Upon developing a deeper understanding of a concept, I am able to express it to the audience in terms of description and examples. Weakness will be that I am not confident in my communication skills. I find myself feeling nervous around a large audience and fumble over my words. 


The goals I wish to achieve at the end of the module is to gain sufficient speech confidence and develop skills to engage the audience. Through sufficient practices, I would be able to become a better speaker and presenter. I hope to adopt strategies that help me engage the audience more in my presentations.


How I differentiate myself from the rest is my curiosity in the course. I find myself having a deeper interest in mechanical technology as compared to scientific technology. This curiosity allows me to work especially harder for the course. 


Yours Sincerely,

Zi Yan

Andy, Javier


Comments

  1. Purpose:Descriptive writing can be seen as he shares more about himself, reflection can be seen through the identifying of strengths and weaknesses. Enjoyed the part where he shared his reason for taking the leap of changing courses from environmental and water technology to mechanical engineering.

    Grammar: No grammar mistakes, choice of words is good.

    Structure: Descriptive paragraphs were short and concise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zi Yan
    Thank you for sharing abit about yourself, allowing me to know you better. I did not spot any grammar mistakes and good flow overall. Good job and I hope you will acheive your goals for this module.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The intro and overall flow of the letter is clear and short. I have a better understanding of Zi Yan strength, weaknesses and goal in the module.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Ziyan,

    Thanks for ths fairly detailed yet concise letter. I appreciate how the content is aligned with the brief and how you present the clear organization. You share with us in terms of your evolving interest in engineering and car culture, which seems laser focused. You also describe your comm skills weakness and strength as well as your goals. We will address your needs in terms of presentation skills quite a bit going forward.

    In terms of language use, this is a good fluent effort.

    I look forward to reading more of your writing this term.

    Cheers,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts